It’s important to create a study space to get you tone the things you want to learn. Although, you can study in any place you want, it’s not good to ignore the importance of a place where you can concentrate and at peace to relax while studying.
A good learner needs a productive study environment. In order to have a good learning skills, you should provide yourself with the most fundamental tools – a productive space where you can study effectively.
The followings are the tips to create for a productive study environment
1. Comfortable space. The place should be a little comfortable, but not to the extent that you’re so at ease that would result to become sleepy easily. Make sure that you’re far away from your bed. There’s a great correlation between the bed and studying. When you study in bed, you’ll easily get sleepy.
2. Organize space. Make your study room well organized, clean and everything are in their proper place. Make it a habit to always clean your study room before and after leaving. An orderly room makes your learning much better.
3. Good lighting system. It’s important to have your study room well lighted. It also includes what colors of lights you installed. Light colors greatly affects your learning ability. Study shows that black, dark blue and dull gray light colors do less to help our brain function than warmer colored ones. While, light colors such as green, is a color of creativity, and light blues, warm yellow or cream yellow are good colors too.
4. Inspirational music. For me, I can’t concentrate without a soft mellow music around. I prefer classical music, instrumental jazz, and western songs. Though, others prefer a silent place, but most people I talked, prefers to have with them a soft mellow sound during their study hours.
5. Good attitude of study habit. A good attitude can get you with lots of challenges you wish to accomplish. Creating a productive study environment may seems tedious, but with your good attitude in relation to your good study habit is just as easy creating bad ones. Just be patient to force yourself to be disciplined.
6. Privacy matters most. To avoid distraction, make your study room more private, that no one can get in when you’re studying inside. Let all members of your family know that your study hour should be kept private and nobody is allowed to disturb you unless in case of emergency.
There are some others tips you can add to create a productive study environment, depending on your own desires. But, the above tips I enumerated are enough to give you some guides how a good study room should be created to suit your learning environment more enjoyable.